CEOs identify creativity as the top leadership competency of the successful enterprise of the future.
-Frank Kern, Former SVP, IBM Global Business Services, now CEO Aricent
futurED is an initiative that will result in a benchmark analysis of programs, vocabulary, tools and curricula for training professional design and business leaders in today's rapidly changing world.
DMI: futurED Summit
The first DMI: futurED summit brought together business, design, and education through primary research and a series of facilitated conversations with global design thinking practitioners, educators and students to define:
- Shared vocabulary around Design Thinking & Design Management
- Desired educational outcomes to meet the changing needs of todays design managers
- Define the landscape of graduate design thinking schools globally to help guide industry and students
- Identify an optimal pathway to educational standards for graduate design education 5.Determine DMI role in the future of design management education
For more information on the methodology go here.
- What role should design and design thinking play in business education to stimulate creativity and innovation in business?
- What business subjects need to be taught in design schools?
- What do you desire from graduate school design thinking education?
- What does an optimal career look like?
Participate in futurED
DMI welcomes community participation in futurED. We are seeking seeking hosts, sponsors, contributors and attendees for global futurED summits in 2016. If you are interested in participating in any capacity, or have something to share, please fill out this short interest form and we will be in touch in early 2016.
To fill out the futurED interest form click here.
Based on FuturEd Summit and DMI's work with practitioners, educators and students, we have developed a core competency map for creative leadership and are building our new education program to address it. For more information about the dmi: Workshop program click here.
dmi: futurED Summit Partners
Founding Research Partners