Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What Does the dmi: Design Value Award Application Contain?
The application is a simple questionnaire in English. The questions are in both multiple choice and short sentence form. Questions include:
- Applicant data including applicant's name, organization etc.
- A short description of the initiative in which the organization participated.
- Objective of the initiative
- What value was delivered by the initiative (revenue, social impact, organizational culture change, customer value)
- Create a poster (both horizontal & vertical formats are required)
- Contact information for references familiar with the initiative
Is There a Fee?
- Yes, there is a fee for members of DMI and non-members.
- In addition, a $200 late fee applies to applications submitted after Xxxx xx 12:00 noon ET and before July 19 12:00 noon ET.
Do I Have to Finish the Application All at Once?
- No. You may save the unique URL link indicated in your application and return before the deadline to complete the form.
What are the Poster Specifications?
- A digital poster must be created in both a horizontal and vertical formats
- The poster aspect ratio is 4:9.
- The poster must be uploaded with the application
- Combined file size should be no larger than 25MB
What is the Deadline for Submission?
- Regular Submissions: Xxxxday, Xxxx xxth, 12:00 Noon EDT
- Late Submissions: Xxxxday, Xxxx xxth, 12:00 Noon EDT for Deadline ($200 Late Fee Applies)
What is cost for Submission?
- $450.00USD - DMI Members
- $650.00USD - Non-Members
- $200.00USD - Additional Late fee for nominations received after Xxxxday, Xxxx xxth, Noon EDT and before Tuesday, July 19th, Noon EDT.
Do I Have to Attend the dmi: Design Leadership Conference?
- Yes. At least 1 person from every organization must be present at the Awards Gala to receive the Award. Awards will not be shipped or mailed.
What are the Publishing and Usage Rights?
- Please ensure that you are able to share the results of your initiative, particularly as it pertains to revenue and customer acquisition numbers.
- All materials submitted to the 2017 DMI DVA program become the property of DMI.
- DMI retains the right to utilize all entry materials for any and all future publications, this includes winners and non-winners.