Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What Does the dmi: Design Value Award Application Contain?
The application is a simple questionnaire in English. The questions are in both multiple choice and short sentence form. Questions include:
- Applicant data including applicant's name, organization etc.
- A short description of the initiative in which the organization participated.
- Objective of the initiative
- What value was delivered by the initiative (revenue, social impact, organizational culture change, customer value)
- Create a poster (both horizontal & vertical formats are required)
- Contact information for references familiar with the initiative
Is There a Fee?
- Yes, there is a fee for members of DMI and non-members.
Do I Have to Finish the Application All at Once?
- No. You may save the unique URL link indicated in your application and return before the deadline to complete the form.
What are the Poster Specifications?
- Two digital posters must be created in both a horizontal and vertical formats.
- The vertical poster aspect ratio is 4:9.
- The horizontal poster must follow the Design Management Journal horizonal poster guidlines (pdf).
- PDF format is best for printing especially for copy. Otherwise we need hi resolution jpegs (300 dpi at 100%)
- Anything that appears in the gutter space may be obscured when the magazine is printed
- Double check specifications before submission.
- The posters must be uploaded with the application.
- Combined file size should be no larger than 25MB.
What is the Deadline for Submission?
- Submission Deadline: Wednesday, June 29th, 12:00 Noon EDT
What is cost for Submission?
- $450.00USD - DMI Members
- $650.00USD - Non-Members
Do I Have to Attend the dmi: Design Leadership Conference?
- Yes. The winner or Award recipient must be present at the dmi:Design Value Awards ceremony in order to receive an Award.
One member of the winning organization(s) must register to attend at least 1 full day of the dmi:Design Leadership Conference. Awards will not be shipped or mailed.
What are the Publishing and Usage Rights?
- Please ensure that you are able to share the results of your initiative, particularly as it pertains to revenue and customer acquisition numbers.
- All materials submitted to the 2017 DMI DVA program become the property of DMI.
- DMI retains the right to utilize all entry materials for any and all future publications, this includes winners and non-winners.