dmi: Design Leadership Conference Student Essay Competition 2016– Sponsored by Oracle and 3M
In a growing conversation on Design Management education, DMI is hosting an essay contest for current students to share their personal reflections on Design and Design Management education.
Ten winners will be given a full conference pass to the dmi: Design Leadership Conference September 25-27 in Boston, MA - (value $1000) where they will be recognized. Registration includes a ticket to the dmi: Design Value Awards ceremony the evening of September 26th (a $200 value).
All submissions must be received by Monday, August 8, 2016 11:59pm EDT.
The competition is open to any student currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate level program, or any early stage professional (in their career 5 years or less) currently enrolled in a graduate or executive level program.
The online submission process is simple:
- Meet the eligibility requirements
- Write a 500 word (maximum)/1 page essay addressing one or more of the posed questions below
- Submit the essay through the online application linked below
Essay submissions must address one or more of the following questions:
- How has your design and design management education prepared you for the "real world"?
- What skills/ knowledge do you think are most valuable?
- In which ways do you feel unprepared?
- What can organizations like DMI do to support you, and how can they do so?
- As an early career professional, what do you know now, that you wish you had known/studied in college?
Essay responses must adhere to all of the following guidelines:
- May not exceed 500 words/1 page
- Header must include your email address and phone number in the top right corner
- Header must also include your GPA and professor/advisor name and email address in the top right corner
- Must fit on a single, one-sided page document
- Must be uploaded in PDF file format
- May be written in any style
Winners will be notified by the end of August
Once winners are notified by DMI, they will have 48 hours to confirm acceptance, or risk losing their award.
Ten student winners will receive the following:
- Registration to the dmi: Design Leadership Conference in Boston, MA September 25-27, 2016 ($1,000 value)
- A ticket to the dmi: Design Value Awards reception and ceremony September 26, 2016 ($200 value)
- Recognition at the Design Leadership Conference
Awards will be granted provided the following conditions are met: