dmi:Design Leadership Conference Student Essay Competition
In a growing conversation on Design Management education, DMI is hosting an essay contest for current students to share their personal reflections on Design and Design Management education.
Ten winners will be given a complimentary full conference pass to the dmi:Design Management Leadership Conference September 25-27 in Boston, MA - a prize valued at $1000. Student winners will also receive a ticket to the dmi:Design Value Award Ceremony where the winners will be recognized.
All submissions must be received by August 4th, 12:00 noon EDT.
The online submission process is simple:
- Meet the student eligibility requirements
- Write a 500-word (maximum) essay addressing one or more of the posed questions
- Submit the essay through the online application linked below
Essay submissions must address one or more of the following questions (500 word maximum):
- How has your design and design management education prepared you for the "real world"?
- What skills/ knowledge do you think are most valuable for a career in design/ design management?
- In which ways do you feel unprepared?
- What can organizations like DMI do to support you?
- As an early career professional, what do you know now, that you wish you had known/studied in college?
The competition is open to any student currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate level program, or any early stage professional (in their career 5 years or less) currently enrolled in a graduate or executive level program.
Submission Guidelines - Apply here
Essay responses must adhere to all of the following guidelines:
- May not exceed 500 words
- Header must include your email address in the top right corner
- Must fit on a single, one-sided page document
- Must be uploaded in PDF file format
- May be written in any style
Ten student winners will receive the following:
- Registration to the dmi:Design Management Leadership Conference in Boston, MA September 25-27
- A ticket to the dmi:Design Value Awards ceremony
- Recognition at the Design Value Awards ceremony
Conditions - Once winners are notified by DMI, they will have 48 hours to confirm acceptance, or risk losing their award.
Awards will be granted provided the following conditions are met:
- Application meets all Deadline, Eligibility, Essay and Submission criteria listed above
- Travel and lodging is the responsibility of the winner
- While at the conference, winning applicants are expected to provide some logistical support to the speakers and the DMI Program Manager
- Winning applicants are expected to attend scholarship sponsor reception
- Awards must be claimed within 48 hours of notification