Wherever you are based, we’re sure there are design & business professionals interested in connecting and learning more about today’s topics.
What is a dmi:NightOut?
- dmi:NightOut is an evening of conversations around quarter themes
- futurED: Redesigning Education
- Design & Purpose: Social Innovation
- Design in Science & Technology
- Design Entrepreneurship
- Topics are meant to be a conversation starter. It’s up to each host to include a guest speaker presentation, be a work session, a roundtable conversation, film/video discussion – even ultilizing DMI videos or publications.
- Past events, photos, and video can be found at the DMI website.
- Shared insights and content with our global community on the DMI website.
Why Host a NightOut?Hosting provides invaluable opportunities:
- Share your organization, team, talents with the community.
- Craft, curate content that inspires further conversation with our global audience.
- Provide a local source of support and partnership for the critical issues facing today's design leaders.
- Foster community, collaboration and content that informs and inspires.
- Share the DMI experience with potential new members.
- Be recognized as a Host of DMI NIGHTOUT at the DMI website
Who Attends a NightOut?
- You may invite any number of people in your community in design leadership positions who may or may not be current DMI members. This is a great opportunity to encourage many to join or re-engage with DMI!
- Wherever you are based, we’re sure there are design & business professionals interested in connecting and learning more about today’s topics.
- Night Out can attract 5 – 50+ people, depending the venue. Success is measured in quality of conversations!
Where Does a NightOut Happen?The location is up to you: at your studio, a bar, a gallery, open space, etc.
- You may also consider collaborating with another co-host to share the space.
- Past cities include: London, Sydney, Toronto, New York, Sao Paolo, Shanghai, and more.
How Can I Host an Event?
- Contact Patricia Olshan at DMI: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be ready to commit to a proposed date, per our schedule.
- Coordinate a venue and time (after-work, early evening events are preferred).
- Provide an agenda of your vision of your dmi:NightOut. Agendas ideas include:
- Hosting an evening networking reception at your studio or another locale.
- Hosting a roundtable discussion on a topical theme
- Hosting a visiting speaker, author, professional for a brief presentation and Q&A, film screening, activity, etc.
What Support is Provided by DMI?
- Assistance with content development for the evening.
- Help promoting your Night Out on our website, in email and on social platforms.
- Registration management and reimbursement for any registration fees collected.
- Incentives and marketing collateral for potential new DMI members.
- Post-NightOut content curation on the DMI website.
What is Involved in Hosting a NightOut?
- Promote the event to your global network and regional community via your own mailing lists, website, twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Provide refreshments of your choice. A small event fee (~$10, depending on plans/venue) can help cover any costs for refreshments.
- Securing a sponsor could help offset the costs and/or work involved.
- Report findings to DMI through writing, visual mapping, video, etc. to share with the DMI community.
- We suggest enlisting your colleagues and local students to help facilitate the evening and content.