Optional 1 Day Training: How to Design a Better Business
Led by Patrick van der Pijl, CEO, Business Models Inc.
Monday, 23 May 2016, 9:00 – 16:30
De Nieuwe Liefde, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Workshop fee, per person:
DMI Member: USD $650
Non-Member: USD $750
Companies that want to succeed today, design must be at the heart of everything those organizations do. Leaders and employees must think and act like designers. Design thinking can and should be applied to both strategy and innovation. When this is practiced in the company culture, those organizations benefit from speed, knowledge sharing, engagement with customers, more revenue, and a shared language not found in any other company culture. In the last few years we have worked with and studied hundreds of companies experiencing different journeys in strategy and innovation. This training is about learning and applying the best tools and skills for you to Design a Better Business.
Patrick will share insights on new tools, skills and mindset in:
- Why should your next CEO be a designer? What is design thinking in business about? What are the benefits here? What do leading designers say? Why do companies now intentionally or unintentionally apply this? How do you design strategy and innovation?
- The design journey from understand, ideate, design & build to validate and scale. What do you learn from all the companies and start-ups their journey? What do they have in common? What are the essential skills and tools? What is the journey that you are going through yourself?
- Design your company vision. You can't run a business without clarity about the true 'why.' Understand and design the 'why' for your company with the "Vision" canvas. A framework with 7 boxes help you to design your vision. Get familiar with the Cover Story Vision, The 5 Bold Steps and the Big Waves Vision
- Ideation is a key skill. Explore new business model options with different innovation techniques applying the tool "Business Model Canvas". Recognise business model patterns, fresh watch other business models, use epicentres of your canvas, use what if questions
- Visualize as a way to scale and test your idea. How can you visualise your vision? How can you visualise your idea? How can you visualise your business model? Learn the basics of drawing to map your vision and/or idea to tell your story.
Patrick van der Pijl, CEO Business Models Inc., Producer Business Model Generation
Maarten van Lieshout, Creative Director 30X
Erik van der Pluijm, Creative Director 30X
Erik & Maarten have worked on design and visualisation of concepts, business models and visions for global companies like ING Bank, Toyota, Amgen, ABNAMRO, Philips, Schott, Microsoft, MUMC+ Hospital.
Date and location:
Monday, 23 May, 2016
8:30 – 9:00: Registration, Coffee
9:00 – 16:30: Introductions, Workshop, breaks, lunch
De Nieuwe Liefe
Da Costakade 102, 1053 WP Amsterdam, Netherlands
Phone: +31 20 589 1680
Directions to De Nieuwe Liefde
By public transport http://maps.gvb.nl/en/lijnen?tram&show
De Nieuwe Liefde does not offer hotel accommodations, but here a list that provides some options within a 5-20 minute walk to DNL. There are also plenty of options near Centraal Train Station. We suggest you review hotel websites and hotel search engines (www.booking.com, www.hotels.com, www.airbnb.com, etc.) for best rates and www.tripadvisor.com for reviews. All conference participants are responsible for their own hotel arrangements and transportation to/from the venue. Please make your reservations EARLY.
Pricing and processing are in USDollars. For the current exchange, calculate your price here: http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/
Workshop fee, per person:
DMI Member: USD$650
Registration includes morning coffee, breaks, light lunch and facilitated opportunities for networking and peer interaction.
Group Discounts: Contact Patricia Olshan for group pricing of 3+ more colleagues attending, at a reduced rate.
Register with conference. To register for just the workshop click here.
- Until 22 April 2016
DMI will deduct a $100 administrative charge and refund or credit the remaining fee.
- 23 April 2016 - 6 May 2016
We will deduct a $100 administrative charge and credit the remaining fee towards a future DMI event (within a year) or a new (no renewals) full price membership.
- After 7 May and after-n
o refunds or credit will be issued.
Request an Invoice for P.O. or Wire Payment
If you are unable to register online by credit card please complete this invoice request form and a dmi staff member will respond promptly with a registration invoice. Conference participation is confirmed only upon receipt of payment.
About Patrick van der Pijl:
Patrick van der Pijl is CEO & Strategy Designer at Business Models Inc. and producer of the worldwide bestseller Business Model Generation (1 million copies sold worldwide since 2009). Patrick has helped Boards of Directors, Top Leaders and Innovation Teams of more than 300 (international) organizations, like Toyota, Fujitsu, ING Bank, Microsoft and 3M, innovate their business model and design a future strategy. He also specializes in large scale strategy projects.
Patrick inspires people and organizations with his new vision on strategy and innovation and makes them look at their business (model) from a completely different perspective. In his projects he uses new and visual tools for strategy and innovation, like the Business Model Canvas, Vision Canvas, Context Canvas and Value Proposition Designer, and co-creation techniques to turn them around. His sessions are very energetic, inspiring and visual.
Patrick is an international keynote speaker and frequently delivers speeches and workshops at innovation events worldwide, where he is invited to talk about Business Model Innovation, Designing your Future Business and New Tools for Strategy & Innovation.